Posted by Hermann Thoene | Posted in Building A Log Home | Posted on 29-07-2014
Guest post by Luke Peters:
Owning a home is a dream that most people have as it is considered the mark of an established life to own your personal dream home. Most people who want to own a home of their own have to first go through the tough choice between buying and building the house. Both have their own fair share of advantages and disadvantages and the choice purely depends on the prospect’s preference. While building a house from scratch can provide the owner with a personal touch, this may not be practical. Buying a house can be a much more affordable option whilst making your dreams of owning a house a reality. To make the situation clearer, we shall discuss the pros and cons of building and buying a house.
Pros and Cons of Building a New Home
- While building from the ground up can provide you with the desired customization options and adds that sense of personal touch to your home, it often requires a long waiting time while the construction takes place. It adds a sentimental value like no other and can be built according to the individual specifications of your family members.
- It can be a hassle to deal with quality control and several other negotiations with construction workers and general contractors, and to deal with the government inspectors who can be a major hurdle to the successful construction of your dream home. One can, however, easily take care of this problem by hiring the service of construction management companies. These can take care of all of your house building requirements, from safety inspections to getting the work done on time.
- A newly built home offers that level of comfort and convenience, which most people seek from their sweet abode. One can add his own artistic touch while designing the house to make it even more personal. When building a house you can go for the look and the architectural style that you want and not the one that is available.
- Building your own home lets you keep a close check on the quality and the safety measures. It is considered as an advantage of building over buying a house. This is because you can never be sure of the quality of the materials used and the safety measures taken when buying an existing house.
Pros and Cons of Buying a New or an Existing Home
- If your ability to own a house is greatly influenced by your budget, then the best solution is to buy an existing house. With the rise in real estate prices and population, it is sometimes hard to buy an area of ideal land. Buying an existing home not only provides you with an easy way of owning a house, but also takes a shorted amount of time than building a house from scratch.
- Buying an older house and remodeling it according to your taste and preferences is another option to building a house from scratch. An existing house saves you from the trouble of dealing with the construction workers, contactor or the housing inspectors. Most estate agencies, such as the estate agents in Perivale, make sure that a house has passed all the necessary inspections and safety standards before making it available for sale.
- However, the major con of buying an existing house lies in its monotony. While building a house or remodeling an older house adds that sense of personal touch to your living space, buying a house built by an estate agency can feature monotonous designs which may not be what you had in mind. Since the house has already been built it may or may not suit your desired specifications.
Buying a house or building it from scratch, each choice comes with its fair share or advantages and disadvantages. Real estate prices, availability of the ideal house or location and the cost of construction services and materials will all play a huge part in your decision. Having said this, we hope that the points mentioned above will make most of the pros and cons of buying or building a house clear, and will help you to make an informed decision.
Luke Peters has written several articles and blogs on architecture, home improvement, real estate, law, finance etc. He likes to explore the various topics in utmost detail and like to keep up to date with the latest happenings and developments in the respective fields.